Thank you for agreeing to speak at WE20 and for your role in making the transition to a virtual conference possible! This page holds a variety of resources to help you plan for an effective virtual session.
The WE20 Virtual Conference includes three session formats. Each format is described below including time limits for each format. Please keep in mind that all scheduling for live and semi-live sessions is in Central Time.
- Live Sessions: Live sessions are scheduled and conducted live on the WE20 Virtual Conference platform. Speakers are required to use webcams and their presentations, to deliver sessions live at a scheduled time.
- Semi-Live Sessions: Semi-live sessions are pre-recorded sessions that are released on a specific day and time. Speakers are required to log-in to the WE20 Virtual Conference platform when the pre-recorded session is playing and engage with attendees using the chat feature.
- Time limit: Lectures and panel discussion recordings should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Time limit: Lightning talks should not be longer than15 minutes.
- On-Demand Sessions: On-demand sessions are pre-recorded sessions available to play within the WE20 Virtual Conference platform without chat.
- Time limit: Lectures and panel recordings should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Time limit: Lightning talks should not be longer than 15 minutes.
Speaker Resources for All Session Types
- WE20 PowerPoint Template
- WE20 Zoom Backgrounds
- Code of Conduct
- Speaker Scripts
- WE20 Technology Guidelines
- Do you have specific questions about speaking at your session? Submit questions here and SWE will arrange to answer your questions.
Semi-Live and On-Demand (Pre-Recorded) Speaker Resources
- Semi-Live and On-Demand Virtual Session Toolkit
- Speaker Checklist for Semi-Live and On-Demand
- All speakers will turn in their recorded session to SWE’s Dropbox Account using the established naming convention located in step 4 of the virtual session toolkit.
Live Session Speaker Resources
- WE20 Live Speaker Toolkit
- WE20 Live Session Speaker Orientation and Office Hours
- WE20 Live Speaker Sample Presentation
- Content Outline Template for Panels
- Content Outline Template for Lectures and Workshops
- WE20 Live Sessions Instructions on Using Sli.do