Although women and men receive engineering degrees at similar rates, there are far fewer women than men in the engineering workforce. The overarching goal of Collegiate Leadership Institute (CLI) is to equip collegiate members with the skills, knowledge and leadership capabilities that will enable them to become global leaders in their engineering careers. To do this, the program aims to motivate, inspire, and support SWE collegiate members to successfully transition to the engineering workforce. Participants learn from career and leadership experts, gain new skills and network with various groups, including peers, high school students and professional SWE leaders.
Live Program: CLI will take place on November 7th in New Orleans, Louisiana during the SWE Annual Conference, WE20.
Pre- and Post-Learning: To provide ongoing learning opportunities, CLI participants will participate in asynchronous learning before the live program and a post-event webinar.
Why You Should Attend the CLI (Program Outcomes):
- Help students communicate their value for career and educational purposes.
- Recognize trends in emerging complex social issues that challenge leadership in the business and professional world.
- Build self-confidence and resilience in the face of adversity in the workplace.
- Strengthen their listening skills, feedback skills and problem solving skills; hone their ability to influence others and work in teams.
- Provide opportunities to network with peers, role models, and industry professionals.
- Mentor younger students interested in an engineering education and career.
- Identify and analyze their leadership skills and abilities based on the SWE Leadership Competency Model.
- Identify opportunities for SWE leadership roles within the organization.
CLI participants who complete the following are awarded a certificate of completion: (1) attend the live event, (2) complete pre- and post-surveys and (3) attend the post-program webinars.
Application information coming soon!
Thank you to our sponsor: