Virtual Volunteer Opportunities at WE20
Experience SWE teamwork in action and help drive the success of SWE’s first ever, fully virtual WE20 Conference!
Fulfilling a volunteer role at WE20 is easy and fun and makes you eligible to earn a registration refund post-event. Virtual volunteers will be in charge of monitoring the chat feature at a live session by:
- Introducing the chat feature at the start with the provided script from SWE
- Documenting frequently asked questions throughout the session to then bring to the speaker’s attention at the end of the session during the Q&A portion
- Filtering out any questions that are not appropriate
- Responding to attendees with answers to their questions if they have been discussed during the session
- Volunteer positions are limited – please sign-up early.
- All collegiate volunteers will receive a $25 refund off their registration after they have completed their volunteer commitment.
- All professional volunteers for WE20 will receive a $125 refund off their registration after they have completed their volunteer commitment.
- SWE will honor the promo code discounts promised to those who are collegiate or professional volunteers who attended WE19, volunteered at IIBI, and earned a discount for WE20 only. For WE21 and beyond, all volunteers will be eligible for volunteer refunds following the event for which they volunteer.
- For WE20, it will take up to 30 days to process refunds and have them appear back in the accounts for those who have successfully completed their volunteer shift.
- Lead volunteers will receive direct communication regarding their discounts and for WE20 and beyond, they will receive promo codes to use pre-event.
- Only one volunteer refund or promo code is allowed per attendee. Refunds cannot be combined with a registration promo code. Volunteers cannot combine multiple WE20 shifts to receive multiple refunds.
- Once you commit to an assignment, you must fulfill it. If you need to change your assignment, we ask that you do so through your volunteer account before October 23, 2020.
- If you fail to complete your assignment (no show), you will not receive your partial registration refund after the conference.
- Volunteers should attend the volunteer training, which will be offered virtually prior to WE20.
- Sign up for a WE20 volunteer shift here
For more information, contact email@example.com.